This is my simplified version of the weekly master plan, based on Peter Voogd’s presentation at Creative Live.
Productivity isn’t about doing more, faster – it’s about doing the right things, deliberately and with intention.
– Peter Voogd
Don’t start a week without a plan.
Step 1: Weekly Summary
Write a paragraph reflecting on your last week. Answer these questions:
- What have you accomplished?
- What were your top wins?
- What worked, what didn’t work? Why?
- Did you follow through on your word last week?
Step 2: Priorities
Write down your top priorities. Put the hardest things first on your list. Do the hard profit producing activities first.
- What are the top 3 profit producing activities that I need to be doing this week, no matter if I feel like it or not?
Step 3: Non-Negotiables
Decide what things you can’t sacrifice no matter how busy you are. These are things that are important to you long-term, based on your core life values. It can be taking care of your health, spending time with family, or just making sure to have fun every day.
- What are your top 3 non-negotiables?
Step 4: Networking
Work on strengthening your personal and professional network every week.
- What people do I need to reach out to this week?
- Who can help me reach my goals faster?
- Who am I committed to serving this week?
Photo credit: Jasmine Star